In 1929, the workshop was converted into a cottage by the then Provost of Aberfeldy, James D Haggart, to house his chauffeur. Dunolly house was then converted to a girls’ hostel for Breadalbane Academy weekly boarders.
In 1970, the cottage was extended by the Perth and Kinross County Council, as ancillary accommodation for the boys’ hostel. More recently, the cottage became a bunkhouse and ladies and gents shower facilities, as an annexe to the Dunolly Outdoor Adventure Centre. Bought in February 2015 by Anne and Pat, it was converted back to a cottage and extended slightly during 2016 and early 2017.